It went as planned but thank goodness the glue wasnt too quick-setting, I had plenty of clamps and a airnailer. I laid the hinge end and clamped it, then clamped the middle section and lastly got close on the bumper end. Then after much comparing and nudging, I started in with short brads via the air nailer.
It worked. nice and tight.
After finishing the nailing, I lifted the whole hatch and made sure it fit neatly between the galley walls. Satisfied, I set the hatch back level to dry. By 8:00 or so I was able to remove the remaining clamps and set the hatch in its rightful place.
You can barely see the 4′ mark where the hatch door meets the roof. I was more than satisfied. It evoked a fist pump or two.
The hinge came today. It is a hyper-strength, super-duper long piece of plastic. They SAY it’s awesome. We’ll see.